With the launch of our new 4-minute video, we've seen the power it can have. On our 10 Billion Lives Tour, we're seeing over 80 percent of people pledging to work toward a vegan diet. Knowing this, we want as many people to see this video as possible!
Here's where you come in: we need you to share 10BillionLives.com with everyone you possibly can. If just knowing that you're saving lives isn't enough, we have a contest for you along with some fantastic prizes!
When you register to participate in World Farm Animals Day, you'll get the opportunity to create your own custom video URL. For example, someone named Shannon could choose the URL www.10billionlives.com/shannon or, if she wanted, she could choose www.10billionlives.com/govegan instead. If you're with an organization and would like to compete as a group, you could register with the organization name – www.10billionlives.com/localgroup.
Whenever someone watches the full 4-minute video and completes the form at the video's conclusion using your custom URL, we'll know that the viewer was a result of your work. Over the course of the month, we'll update you every Monday via FARM's Facebook on the Top 5 leaders before announcing the winners on October 3rd, 2012 - the day after World Farm Animals Day.
Your participation in the competition is considered an event in itself -- you are NOT required to hold an offline event to participate in the online competition.
Now for the prizes! We actually have two separate competition groups:
Grand Prize (1): Your choice between a $1,000 Sabina Fund grant to use toward your life-saving work or a Bronze Sponsorship for the Animal Rights 2013 National Conference.*
Runner-Up (1): A free table for your organization at the Animal Rights 2013 National Conference in Washington, DC!
Grand Prize (1): A Vitamix 5200 high-speed blender, along with a $200 gift certificate to Food Fight! Vegan Grocery.
1st Runner-Up (1): $200 gift certificate to Herbivore Clothing
2nd Runner-Up (1): 10 AMC movie tickets
3rd Runners-Up (5): 2 AMC movie tickets
The Fine Print:
1. You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
2. Entries outside of the US are welcomed, but an extra shipping charge for the Individual Activist Grand Prize may apply.
3. Contest participants may be removed at any time if they are found to have manipulated or otherwise acted to defraud the competition.
4. Viewers before 12:00 AM on September 2nd or after 11:59 PM on October 2nd will not count toward participant's total.
5. You may only enter one of the two offered competitions.
6. URL/account viewer data may not be combined with another under any circumstance.
7. *Organizations with an annual budget of over $500,000 and/or with offices in multiple cities do not qualify for Sabina Grant (which are intended for local, grassroots groups). However, any vegan organization of any size qualifies for an AR2013 Bronze Sponsorship.